02 March 2015

1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die, or die trying

From the ashes of this old blog rises...pretty much the same blog, two years later. In the interim, much has changed, much has stayed the same. I'm living on a different continent, but still lazing about watching Youtube videos for alarmingly long periods of time. I've been trying to do new hobbies and go outside my comfort zone more, but I often resort to tried and true favorites when I need to unwind. One of the things I'm going to try to do is to regularly update this blog. Hopefully my friends will keep on me about it.

In that vein, I've decided to undertake a new challenge that is in keeping with my same craziness.

First, though, a disclaimer: I'm a sucker for 'limited time offers', aka carpe diem, aka YOLO!!!11one!
I am nigh feverishly driven to do or try something if I get the sense that the opportunity won't present itself again.

So there's a book, 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die, that taps into this part of my reptilian brain, this DO OR DIE part of my nature.


I mean, it says "die" right there on the cover! 

I love music, and I don't want to miss out on anything, so naturally I have to listen to every single album in here. Naturally. And because I want to keep up with this blog, I'm going to write about it. Naturally.

I'm not a music critic, a trained writer, a historian, or in any real way qualified to provide any deep and meaningful insight into these albums. What I will do is go through the albums, track by track, and just write what strikes me, along with any other impressions or thoughts that strike me. I suspect I won't like all the albums, but I'll try to be open-minded as I go along.

(Note: there are several editions of this book, so I'm going to go through the most comprehensive list of all the albums I could find, which ends up being over 1001 albums. Oops.)

And so MUSIC OR DIE begins.






....what have I gotten myself into?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooohhhhh, I'M EXCITED. I promise to be one of the friends to keep on you about all the shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thanks so muuuuch!
      And yes, pleeeaase help keep me in line...I'll certainly need it!

      Delete